Zoodle time!I admit that I'm currently trying to grow zucchini in my garden just so I can enjoy zoodles on a regular basis.I love their texture and how easily they pair with my favorite traditional pasta vwin体育滚球recipes.
While I often eat them with a bit of tomato sauce and a sprinkling of cheese (either regular or myhomemade vegan parmesan),I wanted to make something a little more inventive.Cold peanut pasta salad is one of my favorite dishes,so combining the two seemed like a no-brainer.
As I wrote the completed recipe,I was blown away by how many servings of vegetables are actually in this one.Carrots,snow peas and zucchini noodles!Besides the sauce and garnishes,it's literally all vegetables.Which,I love.My goal is always to make vegetable eating more delicious and this recipe showcases that message beautifully.
Of course,you could throw in some cooked soba or spaghetti noodles if you wanted to round out the meal.Same goes for chunks of seared tofu on top.As I've mentioned before,I don't like zucchini noodles because they are low-carb,I like them because they are a creative way to increase vegetable intake.Pair or don't pair with your favorite noodle.
I wrote this one with a serving size of two as I feel that's fairly accurate.它可能看起来像一个巨大的部分对于两人来说,but the vegetables wilt down with the warm sauce and suddenly,it's the perfect amount.If you're adding in extra noodles or a protein on top,you could likely stretch it for four.
Lastly,I like my vegetables with some good crunch in them,so I prefer to cook the snow peas and broccoli until just tender and warm the zoodles up with the cooked sauce when plating.I'm not a fan of soggy zucchini noodles!But,you know what you like best.I have friends who love the texture of cooked zucchini noodles and others who are firmly in my camp.Either way,this recipe works.
If you try this recipe,let me know!Leave a comment,rate it,and tag yourInstagramphotos with #delishknowledge . I absolutelyloveseeing your creations.Happy cooking!Print
Zoodle Stir Fry with Spicy Peanut Sauce!You've gotta try this one-skilletmeal,vegan and gluten-free.Spiralized zucchini,snow peas,carrots and herbs in a spicy peanut sauce.Enjoy as is or add your favorite protein.
- 4–5cups of spiralized zucchini
- 1 cupsnow peas
- 1 cupcarrots,diced
- ¼ cupsliced scallions
- ½ cuppeanuts,plus more for garnish
- ¼ cupcilantro,plus more for garnish
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons minced fresh ginger,divided
- 4cloves minced garlic, divided
- Salt/pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoonred pepper flakes (or more/less to taste)
- Vegetable broth or water to deglaze the pan
Spicy Peanut Sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- ½ teaspoonginger,minced
- 2–3cloves garlic,minced
- 6 tablespoons vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter (or other nut butter)
- 1 tablespoonsoy sauce (or tamari/aminos for glutenfree version)
- 1 teaspoonapple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoonmaple syrup
- 1 teaspoonsambal chili paste
- Wash zucchini,cut off ends,and spiralize using avegetable spiralizer.Set aside.
- Prep the rest of the vegetable.Dice carrots,scallions,and peanuts,then mince garlic and ginger.
- Heat the sesame oil in a medium saute pan over medium-high heat.Add the carrots,scallions,garlic,ginger and snow peas.Stir-fry until just cooked,I like these vegetables best with lots of color and a little crunch to them.
- Remove the stir-fry vegetables from heat and set aside in a separate bowl.
- Make the sauce.Using the sameskillet,heat up the remaining 2 teaspoons sesame oil.Add minced ginger and garlic and cook until fragrant and slightly browned,about 1 minute.Be careful not to burn!
- Add the remaining ingredients to the sauce,stirring to combine,and cook until thoroughly mixed and slightly warmed,about 5 minutes.
- Removeskilletfrom heat and add in zoodles,sauteed vegetables,peanuts and cilantro.Enjoy immediately,zucchini noodles don't do well sitting around.